NO STANLEY PARK OPTIMIST BALL FOR SPRING 2021
To all those who signed up for our ball program's 2020 & 2021 seasons.
Regretfully, the current situation has forced us to cancel the plans we had to play in spring 2021. The health and well-being of the participants and community-at-large remains our top priority. We're hoping you'll consider this a "postponement" and be willing and able to stay with us and, together, survive the Covid-19 Pandemic to play another day --- in spring 2022. In the coming months, we'll monitoring the situation and assessing the possibility of a offering a "mini" season in the fall of 2021.
With that in mind, we are offering everyone the opportunity to decide between two main options with the following implications:
- Request a refund (in total or contribute a portion to help us cover some of the expenses).
- Let us apply your registration fee to our 2022 program. You could still request any additional charges you paid for (such as extra photos) be refunded. Players affected will be automatically covered for the full 2022 registration fee even if "moving up" a league (such as from Blastball to Junior T-Ball), i.e. no charge to register for 2022. Senior 3-Pitch players who would be otherwise "too old" will be "grandfathered in" should they wish to still participate but we will not entertain registrations for other players beyond our defined age brackets effective for 2022. You will be provided with a form to complete in spring 2022 so you can update all your requests and preferences. If allowing us to use your registration for 2022 is feasible for you, it'll save us the additional transaction fees and allow us to transfer the $2/player assessment to 2022 rather than have it wasted.
If you came aboard as a sponsor for 2020, we're really hoping that you'll let the sponsorship remain intact for 2022. All the design work has been done and we're prepared to promote all our sponsors right through 2020, 2021 and 2022.
If your registration was processed with financial assistance pending, you will need to re-apply for the 2022 program with updated information.
If you're planning to join us for the 2022 season, and we truly hope you do, the financial implications for the two main options are substantial. (1) Taking a full refund now and then re-registering next spring adds the costs of two more transactions and incurs a repeat $2 charge per player. (2) Letting your registration be applied to our 2022 program can be accomplished at no additional cost to our program (nor to you) and guarantees the fee rate.
With that in mind, we know that this is not a good time to ask for people to pay for a program a year in advance so we plan to process requests for refunds as quickly as possible. (I expect refunds for those who paid by cash, cheque & E-transfer will be by cheque and mailed and any refunds via credit card will be processed via the card used for payment.) If you opt for having the registration fee used for our 2022 program, you will still be able to receive a full refund any time before the deadline in April 2022.
I hope you'll bear with us through to 2022. If we get authorization to offer something in the fall of 2021-- we're still working on it in hopes we can -- we'll be in touch with those who indicate on the survey that they might be interested. Please answer the questions and submit the form ASAP so we can plan accordingly.
Take care, play safe and stay safe,
Chair, Stanley Park Optimist Ball